Masters Weightlifting is the Olympic sport of weightlifting for persons 35 years old or older. Weightlifting is the ultimate sport of strength and power and should not be confused with powerlifting, bodybuilding, or general weight training. Weightlifting consists of two events; the snatch and the clean-and-jerk. Health benefits from regular training in the sport are: increased flexibility, grow lean muscle and build strength while trimming down and losing fat.
Our Southside club has a strong masters presence but with such a solid 2017 competition season with local competitions, state championships, nationals and oceanic championships. We are assembling a masters competition squad to organise and better develop the best athletes possible.
Ten competitive spots will be available and designed for the preparation of competitive weightlifting. Anyone can apply, no experience is needed, we are after coach-able, hard working team players that strive to greatness. If you enjoy to squat, you will love this.
– Part time or full time training options available.
– 1.5hr training sessions with in-depth coaching by level 3 national intern level coach.
– Daily sessions available to suit your schedule, check our website for times.
– Commitment till October 2017 with in state travel.
– Those in the program will have their QWA registration and competition entry fees covered by the club.
Travel fees and uniforms will be helped to be paid for.
*** If you lack a fitness goal for 2017, how does representing your state and trying to break a national record or two. Book in for a complimentary trial session today. ***